• when you give us your personal data, for example by providing us with an application
form to become a Board Apprentice, your CV or any other information or documentation;
• during any interviews we may conduct with you;
• when we contact you by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
• when you contact us through our website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any
• when we deal with any enquiries you make to us;
• when we receive feedback from placement companies on your performance during your apprenticeship; and
• when we collect publicly available information about you.
• during any stage of the application and assessment process for the Board Apprentice
programme, for example:
i. when you apply to become a Board Apprentice either through the formal application
process as detailed on our website or by any other means;
ii. when we screen your application and accompanying information to assess your
suitability for the Board Apprentice programme; and
iii. when we carry out any telephone, face-to-face or other type of interview in
connection with the Board Apprentice programme.
• when you join the Board Apprentice programme;
• when you become a Board Apprentice which is placed with a placement company;
• during the period in which you are a Board Apprentice; and
• at any time after your apprenticeship with a placement company ends.
• your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
• your gender, date of birth and nationality;
• data relating to your employment history, qualifications and skills, and personal
• data relating to your activities and performance during your time as a Board Apprentice.
In some cases we may process your sensitive personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998). This may include data you provide to us relating to your physical and mental health, as well as information about previous criminal convictions that we may obtain from you [or from third parties]
• to decide whether we will advance your application during the application and
assessment process for the Board Apprentice programme;
• to decide whether we recommend you as a Board Apprentice to placement companies;
• to ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up-to-date;
• to ensure consistency throughout the application and assessment process and the running of the Board Apprentice programme;
• to allow us to make improvements to the application and assessment process and the running of the Board Apprentice programme;
• to contact you in relation to the Board Apprentice programme or other related
apprenticeship or work related opportunities;
• to monitor any feedback we receive about you from placement companies;
• to deal with any problems or complaints that arise in relation to the Board Apprentice programme; and
• for any other purpose for which you give us your personal data.
We may store and retain your personal data in order to carry out any of the uses specified above.
• our employees or representatives in the UK and abroad;
• our professional advisors;
• placement companies;
• third parties who contact us for references about you. In these circumstances we may provide those third parties with information about your performance on the Board Apprentice programme;
• organisations or agencies that we use to assist us in the application and assessment process for the Board Apprentice programme; and
• third parties who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data.
In some cases your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. Please be aware that some countries outside the European Economic Area provide levels of protection of personal data which are significantly poorer than those of countries within the European Economic Area. Where we transfer your personal data to such countries we will take appropriate steps to ensure it is adequately secured.
1 Please confirm if there are circumstances in which BA would make CRB (or similar checks) on individuals, or
whether all such data would be information collected directly from the individual.
You can request a copy of the data that we hold about you at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The provision of this information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently £10).
Please let us know by email or telephone if the personal data that we hold about you needs to be updated.