• when you give us your personal data, for example by providing us with an applicationform to become a Board Apprentice, your CV or any other information or documentation;• during any interviews we may conduct with you;• when we contact you by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;• when you contact us through our website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through anyother means;• when we deal with any enquiries you make to us;• when we receive feedback from placement companies on your performance during your apprenticeship; and• when we collect publicly available information about you.
When you provide data about yourself to us (including submitting your CV), you are deemed to have consented to our collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may also obtain data from you by way of details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to location data, traffic data and usage of a desktop or tablet device. This information generally will not contain personal data but will be metadata (please see section on cookies below for further details).
• during any stage of the application and assessment process for the Board Apprenticeprogramme, for example:i. when you apply to become a Board Apprentice either through the formal applicationprocess as detailed on our website or by any other means;ii. when we screen your application and accompanying information to assess yoursuitability for the Board Apprentice programme; andiii. when we carry out any telephone, face-to-face or other type of interview inconnection with the Board Apprentice programme.• when you join the Board Apprentice programme;• when you become a Board Apprentice which is placed with a Host Board• during the period in which you are a Board Apprentice; and• at any time after your apprenticeship with a host board ends and you become a Board Apprentice Alumni.
Personal data that we process is information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of operating the Board Apprentice programme.
• your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;• your gender, date of birth and nationality;• data relating to your employment history, qualifications and skills, and personalinterests; and• data relating to your activities and performance during your time as a Board Apprentice.
• to decide whether we will advance your application during the application andassessment process for the Board Apprentice programme;• to decide whether we recommend you as a Board Apprentice to placement companies;• to ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up-to-date;• to ensure consistency throughout the application and assessment process and the running of the Board Apprentice programme;• to allow us to make improvements to the application and assessment process and the running of the Board Apprentice programme;• to contact you in relation to the Board Apprentice programme, Board Apprentice Alumni or other relatedapprenticeship or work related opportunities;• to monitor any feedback we receive about you from placement companies;• to deal with any problems or complaints that arise in relation to the Board Apprentice programme; and• for any other purpose for which you give us your personal data.
We may store and retain your personal data in order to carry out any of the uses specified above.
• our directors, officers or representatives in the UK and abroad;• our professional advisors;• placement companies;• third parties who contact us for references about you. In these circumstances we may provide those third parties with information about your performance on the Board Apprentice programme;• organisations or agencies that we use to assist us in the application and assessment process for the Board Apprentice programme; and• government bodies, regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies (including for the purpose of CRB and similar checks);• third parties who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data;• any successor to the activities of this organisation.
In some cases, your personal data may be transferred to countries outside Jersey, other countries in the British Isles and countries in the European Economic Area (i.e. the Member States of the European Union, together with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) and Africa.. We will therefore only transfer data outside these jurisdictions where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data.We will ordinarily process your data throughout the course of our interactions and will then generally retain it for an appropriate amount of time after we have parted ways. In determining the appropriate retention period for various types of personal data, in addition to ensuring that we comply with our legal, regulatory and risk-management obligations, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we need to process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may ask us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time, and request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. If you request further copies of this information from us, we may charge you a reasonable administrative cost where legally permissible. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request we will always tell you the reasons for doing so.
At all times, you have the right to report a concern or lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner in Jersey. Please refer to https://oicjersey.org or by calling them on +44 (0)1534 716530. Of course, we hope that we can resolve your issue quickly and fairly ourselves.
This privacy notice was last updated on 4th June 2021 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us. We may change this privacy notice from time to time by amending this page.