How to become an Apprentice?
Introduction to being an apprentice?
Click here for a letter from our Founder.
Are you a suitable candidate for Board Apprentice?
- Are you working at C-Suite* level or just below?
* CEO/CFO/CIO/COO etc
- Do you already report directly into a main board or sit on a sub board?
- Are you informed/ aware of governance and compliance issues or prepared to put in the work to bring yourself up to speed?
- Are you prepared to devote adequate time to reading and understanding board papers?
- Are you available to attend a full year’s cycle of board meetings?
- Do you have a clear idea of what you would contribute to a board as a non-executive director once you have completed your apprenticeship?
If you can answer yes to these questions, then you have the potential to be a Board Apprentice.
How do I join the Board Apprentice programme?
For Stage 1, please follow our official submissions page, for download and send the documentation required at this stage.
Once completed, your responses and your CV will be screened ( Stage 1) with a view to advancing your application to the interview stage ( stage 2).
Please note that, for quality control reasons, Board Apprentice will have closed periods for processing candidates in stage 2 but will always be open for applications up to stage 1. We will keep you informed.
Once you have completed stage 2, you will be included in our Board Apprentice long list which is the list we chose from for the short lists.
Before including your name in any short lists for a Board Apprenticeship ( stage 3) , we will contact you to confirm your availability, willingness to travel and reconfirm that there are no potential conflicts of interest.
Once selected, you will enter the appointment and mentoring phase.